"Lavage" preparation for COLONOSCOPY or FLEXIBLE SIGMOIDOSCOPY FOR USE WITH GOLYTELY, NULYTELY, OR COLYTE Prep.
Read THIS PART TODAY AND REMEMBER IT! :
- STOP ALL IRON PILLS, INCLUDING VITAMINS WITH IRON, 7 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- STOP ALL FIBER PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BULK LAXATIVES SUCH AS METAMUCIL, CITRUCEL, PERDIEM, FIBERCON, ETC., 3 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- ASPIRIN: STOP ______ DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- ARTHRITIS PAIN PILLS (EXCEPT TYLENOL OR ACETOMINOPHEN): STOP ______ DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- COUMADIN: STOP______ DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- PERSANTINE: STOP ______DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- DIABETES MEDICATION:_____________________________
ON THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE, DO TAKE ANY HEART OR BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION, SEIZURE MEDICATION, LUNG MEDICATION AND INHALERS AS YOU USUALLY WOULD, WITH A LITTLE WATER. IF YOU ARE ALSO HAVING AN UPPER GI ENDOSCOPY, TAKE THESE PILLS NO LATER THAN TWO HOURS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
- Eat a low fiber breakfast such as white toast, waffles, scrambled eggs - no citrus juice.
- Mix Prep with one gallon of water and place in refrigerator.
OPTION: With unflavored Prep, you may mix with one individual tin of Lemonade Crystal Light.
- Have a light lunch:
White bread without seeds or whole grains
Plain white meat such as chicken, turkey, or fish
Clear liquids (see number 9 below)
AVOID seeds, vegetables, fiber, fats (including snacks with Olestra), dairy products, and citrus.
- DO NOT EAT ANY MORE SOLID FOODS AFTER LUNCH. However, you may drink clear liquids (see list below) up to 3:00 PM
- Nothing by mouth from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Beginning at 5:00 PM, take the Prep out of the refrigerator. Shake it up, then pour out and drink one 8 ounce glass every 15-20 minutes until gone (Shake I up before each glass).
- IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU FINISH THE ENTIRE PREPARATION. If you begin to get nauseated, stop for one hour, then resume drinking. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS COMPLETING THE PREPARATION, CONTACT DR. BORISLOW OR HIS COVERING DOCTOR AT 443-2920.
- After completing the gallon, you may resume clear liquids only until two hours before your procedure, then nothing by mouth. HOWEVER, If you are also scheduled for an upper GI endoscopy on the same date, you should have nothing by mouth for six hours before your procedure.
- CLEAR LIQUIDS: You may have clear broth or bouillon, apple juice, white grape juice, black coffee or tea, carbonated beverages, lemon or lime Jello, lemon or lime popsicles, and Gatorade that is lemon-lime or colorless.
Printable version of PEG Solution Prep
PEG PLUS Solution Prep
PEG Solution Prep
Fleet Phospho-soda Prep
MIRALAX and GATORADE Prep
Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Preparations
Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Prep
PEG Solution Prep
If you have any questions or problems please call 443-2920 or email Dr. Borislow at firstname.lastname@example.org.