READ THIS PART TODAY AND REMEMBER IT!:
- STOP ALL IRON PILLS, INCLUDING VITAMINS WITH IRON, 7 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- STOP ALL FIBER PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BULK LAXATIVES SUCH AS METAMUCIL, CITRUCEL, PERIDIEM, FIBERCON, ETC., 3 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- ASPIRIN: STOP ______ DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- ARTHRITIS PAIN PILLS (EXCEPT TYLENOL OR ACETOMINOPHEN): STOP _____ DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- COUMADIN: STOP______ DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- PERSANTINE: STOP _______DAYS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
- DIABETES MEDICATION:_________________________________
- Remember to buy Magnesium Citrate (10 oz.) when you fill your prescription.
ON THE DAY FO THE PROCEDURE, DO TAKE ANY HEART OR BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION, SEIZURE MEDICTION, LUNG MEDICATION AND INHALERS AS YOU USUALLY WOULD, WITH A LITTLE WATER. IF YOU ARE ALSO HAVING AN UPPER GI ENDOSCOPY, TAKE THESE PILLS NO LATER THAN TWO HOURS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE.
DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
- CLEAR LIQUIDS DIET ONLY: You may have clear broth or bouillon, apple juice, white grape juice, black coffee or tea, carbonated beverages, lemon or lime Jello, lemon or lime popsicles, and Gatorade that is yellow or colorless.
- Mix prep with one gallon of water and place in refrigerator. OPTION: With unflavored Prep, you may mix with one individual tin of Lemonade Crystal Light.
- At 12:00 Noon, drink 10 ounces of Magnesium citrate, followed by one eight ounce glass of water. Drink one 8 oz. glass of water every hour for 3 hours.
- Nothing by mouth from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- Beginning at 5:00 PM take the Prep out of the refrigerator. Shake it up, then pour out and drink one 8 ounce glass every 15 to 20 minutes until gone (Shake it up before each glass).
- IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU FINISH THE ENTIRE PREPARATION. If you to get nauseated, stop for one hour, and then resume drinking. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS COMPLETING THE PREPARATION, CONTACT DR. BORISLOW OR HIS COVERING DOCTOR AT 443-2920.
- After completing the gallon, you may resume clear liquids only until two hours before your procedure, then nothing by mouth. HOWEVER, if you are also scheduled for an EGD or upper endoscopy on the same date, you should have nothing by mouth for six hour before your procedure.
Printable version of Extended Prep
PEG PLUS Solution Prep
PEG Solution Prep
Fleet Phospho-soda Prep
MIRALAX and GATORADE Prep
If you have any questions or problems please call 443-2920 or email Dr. Borislow at firstname.lastname@example.org.