Purchase the following:
- One bottle of Miralax 255 gms (prescription)
- Two 32 ox bottles of Gatorade-clear or yellow colors only
- Two Bisacodyl laxative tablets (over the counter laxative)
READ THIS PART TODAY AND REMEMBER!
Medications to stop before procedure:
- All vitamins, Iron pills, and fiber supplements: _______ days
- Aspirin/NSAIDS: _______ days
- Prescription Drugs:
|Plavix________ days||Lovenox_______ days||Pletal_______ days|
|Coumadin_______ days||Trental________ days||Other___________|
DAY BEFORE THE PROCEDURE:
- You will be on a clear liquid diet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (See diet below)
- Take the two bisacodyl tablets after your clear liquid breakfast. You may go to work.
- Clear liquids for lunch.
- Beginning at ______ PM (after 1st bowel movement), mix the entire bottle of MIRALAX into one bottle of Gatorade, and drink one glass every fifteen minutes until gone. This should take one hour. Over the next hour drink the second bottle of Gatorade (this bottle has NO medicine added), one glass every fifteen minutes. This part of the prep should take two hours. If you have any problems completing the colon prep, please call Dr. Borislow's office.
- You may continue on clear liquids up to six hours before your procedure.
DAY OF THE PROCEDURE:
TAKE YOUR HEART AND BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION, SEIZURE, MEDICATION, LUNG MEDICATION AND INHALERS AS YOU NORMALLY WOULD, WITH A SMALL SIP OF WATER. TAKE THESE PILLS NO LATER THAN TWO HOURS BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE. (Diuretics are usually held the morning of the procedure.)
CLEAR LIQUIDS: Clear broth or bouillon, apple juice, white grape juice, black coffee or tea, carbonated beverages, lemon or lime Jello, lemon or lime popsicles, clear or yellow Gatorade.
Printable version of Miralax and Gatorade Prep
PEG PLUS Solution Prep
PEG Solution Prep
Fleet Phospho-soda Prep
MIRALAX and GATORADE Prep
If you have any questions or problems please call 443-2920 or email Dr. Borislow at firstname.lastname@example.org.